Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover, Or Can You?

     Design firms receive a lot of portfolios from recent graduates who are looking to land that first job. It's obviously important to have the skills and education, but it's as equally as important to have an amazing portfolio. Your portfolio is a statement of who you are and your design style. The content and layout need to coincide and tell a story about the work that it easy to follow. When I was designing my cover page I wanted something clean, fresh, and modern.
     This is my cover page that I created for my exit portfolio. Immediately from looking at the cover I want to capture their attention. Choice of font, color, and use of positive and negative space is all very important for a portfolio. I didn't want to get too crazy with graphics, because sometimes they are too distracting and take away from the work. This is a good starting point to set up the format and layout for what can be epected next. It makes a statement that represents me as a designer, and I am happy with it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment